Thursday, May 19, 2011

The hunter

A couple of days ago, Zach warned me that Austin had a question he needed answered. I assumed that it had something to do with "junk", where babies came from or any other difficult question that Zach prefers for me to answer.

I can't figure out why that is, because he always seems to be upset about my honest answers with the boys. I certainly won't tell them that babies come from storks or that the two things hanging from the dog at Nana and Bumpa's house is anything less than that dog's junk. I won't fill them full of white lies. If they ask me a question that obviously has them curious, I'll give them an accurate answer.

I can only assume this stems from my mother, who once watched something about young girls and oral sex on Oprah and promptly gave my sister and I the Spanish inquisition. This is the same mom that cornered my siblings and I into talking openly about sex whenever she caught us alone and unsuspecting.

Anyways, I was less than surprised when Austin asked me, in the earnest way he always does, "Hey Jack... what kind of junk do you ladies have?" I knew it was coming, I have should have prepped better for this question. Otherwise, I give to much information that he didn't really request. The first thing that came out of my mouth was the anatomically correct terms for his junk and a girls junk. I didn't want him to go through life always referring to the male and female anatomy as junk. I think some women would take a bit of offense to that. I also explained to him that a girl has junk, sort of, but her junk doesn't hang out like a boys does.

Thankfully, Austin kind of ignored the anatomically correct terminology and likely won't be reveling his brothers with story. Austin summarized it with his own analogy. He said, "That's so weird! It's like your junk is a hunter! And it's camouflaged and hiding and waiting to kill an animal!" I'm not sure how I feel about his accurate analogy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you sure brought new meaning to the word junk. I use to like to go to garage sales and look at other peoples junk. Now I feel like such a pervert! I love your postings Jacki!

    ReplyDelete