Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hercules

On Saturday, Zach and I had the chance to sit down with Austin and tell him our wonderful news. I was confident that he would be pretty excited. He was, after all, the one who had suggested we had another child to fill the picnic table. Austin is also the one who picks up baby items when we go shopping to see if I like them, "not for now, but when there is a baby."

Austin takes his role as big brother very seriously. It was really important to us to make sure he heard the good news from out mouths first. I want him, and all the boys, to be involved in whatever they want to be and as much as they can be.

After showing Austin our ultrasound pictures of the baby, I could see his excitement. Numerous questions followed and a huge hug ensued. He couldn't wait to tell everyone. This included his entire kindergarten class on Monday at school and anyone else he happens to come in contact with.

Today we started up our baby talk again. Just before bed, Austin called me into his room. "Jack, can I say goodnight to the baby?" Sure buddy! "Ok. Well, do you think it's a boy or a girl?" I'm not sure bud, does it make a difference? "Well, I had some names in mind. If it's a boy, I'll call it Hercules and if it's a girl I'll call it Brittany." Hmmm. Well, Hercules is an interesting name.

We compromised by calling the baby Hercules until we find out if it is a boy or girl, and then we'll find a less star struck name.

1 comment:

  1. Tell baby Hercules that Grandpa says hi! I am so glad that your blogging again! I love you Fish!

    ReplyDelete