Friday, April 22, 2011

A good day

Last week, I would have gauged a good day by what I had accomplished. If someone asked, "Did you have a good day today?" I would think back and give a calculated response based off the things I had and had not done.

This week, I gauge a good day by whether or not I made it through without crying. I gauge it by whether or not I had woken up to blood or spotted at all that day. If I can keep my food down, it's a plus but not a determining factor in whether or not I had a good day.

Today, was a good day. I feel pretty grateful to be able to say that. A good day. Sounds so nice to me. I was able to get out of bed, long enough to do a little bit of Easter shopping. It was something that had been weighing on me. I couldn't help feeling disappointed that I probably wouldn't be able to help out with the shopping. I was able to put on jeans and even a little makeup. I felt like a queen.

The day was made complete with a nice lunch in bed with Zach. If nothing else, this has brought us a lot closer. I loved just laying in his arms today. It felt like the nicest place to be.

The icing on the cake, maybe the whole cake, was a blood free day. Who knew I could take days without blood for granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment