Monday, July 6, 2009

Technical Difficulties

As I sat there dangling, my feet above my head, I thought to myself "So this is how I'm going to leave this world?" My ass was in the air, which was once the ground, and all I could feel was the pressuring building in my head. I watched as the girl's face across from me turned a bright shade of purple, and thought to myself "well, at least I won't be the only one." Tears started to squeeze out of my eyes, or as Harry put it once "My eyes overfloweth." I reached up, sure that it was my brain or some other form of body fluid oozing out. Nope. Just some good ol fashion salt tears. I wasn't crying, but the pressure had made my eyes water so bad, the tears had literally leaked out.

And this is what I was doing at around 9 o' clock this morning. I realize this is my second post of the day, but I forgot to tell you guys about this. This is what happens in the simulator for a military vehicle roll over. It was just plain awful. Granted, we were stuck upside down longer than usual because of technical difficulties (i love technical difficulties :/). Anyways, the whole point is to get unbuckled and exit the vehicle as safe as possible. However, as they tried to figure out the technical difficulties, I felt as though a blood vessel had burst on the right side of my forehead. Finally, after 30 seconds, they decided that we could complete the drill (this was just supposed to be a dry run and we weren't supposed to eject ourselves from our seat belts.

This is one of those training exercises that is potentially more danger than it's worth. Before we got in, they briefed us on what could happen... and let me just say I was looking for the nearest exit. As feet flopped around and I was kicked in the shoulder and rib by the "gunner," I thought to myself... there has to be a better way to do this than bruising a kidney or losing an eye. Apparently, not so much.

And that's about it. I'm going to get offline now and try to call home. Love you all and I'll post when I can!

3 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    I hope you're as happy as you sound. It will make the time go so much faster (and everyone else's time too). Soon you will be seeing your DAD. Love you both and God Bless.

    Love
    Grandman H

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a second... is this harry or mom? either way... one of you neglected to spell my name correctly... so you better hope you are not my mom, as the title sugests. lol.

    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for petes sakes. This is sooo hilarious! I mean....not so much for you...but for me to read! I am super happy you didnt blow a blood vessle in your head!
    I love you!

    -Abs

    ReplyDelete