Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last Post on American Soil!

Well ladies and gentleman, this may be my last post for a bit until I get settled. I leave tomorrow for a really great and luxurious vacation spot tomorrow. I completely understand if you guys may become jealous, not everyone can go on vacation and just lose pounds, without a sweat. Well, actually, with a lot of sweat. An awful lot of sweat. Anyways, please. Don't be bitter. I can't help that I'll be so nice and toasty while you guys are merely comfortable in your 70 to 80 degree weather. I don't control fate, although if I did, I'd ensure that you too could enjoy in this fabulous destination. You will truly be missing out.

But OK. For real. I am very excited to go. I've waited so long for this, gone through so many hoops... I'm just excited to experience everything I can. Whether it's some crappy detail (it may actually be a crappy detail... for awhile they needed someone to take care of the latrines...) or an awesome mission, I'm prepared to take whatever is thrown at me (unless it is in fact contents of the latrines) and make the best of it. Yeah, sometimes I may have a horrible day. I may hate my life at the time. But my goal is to stay positive and to come home with new experiences that shape me into a better person.

Already, just one week into my journey I have learned so much from so many people. My goal coming here was to get through the training, and along the way meet many of the people that would be making that journey with me. I've had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful... and sometimes just creepy (but aside from those ones... overall a great group of people) people. It truly has been a pleasure getting to know these people. They helped me to become a little more comfortable at the thought of setting out on this journey.

Anyways, my next leg of the journey starts sometime tomorrow. I have a 4:30 am wake up call, and our bags will be packed into a trailer by 6:30 am. I don't know what time we fly out, for security purposes. However, I am ecstatic to start this next leg of my journey. I can't wait to say hello to my dad. It will be so weird, seeing him there. I can't even believe all of this.

One more thing. You guys can always e-mail me at jacki.crotteau@yahoo.com or send me things at

Crotteau, Jacki
34th ID MCP (117)
APO, AE 09374


Well, it's already 1230. 4 more hours and I'm up for the day... good night all and sweet dreams. Wish me luck =]


<3 Jacki

1 comment:

  1. Jacki,
    Best of luck to you! It's great to see that you have such a posative attitude toward this. Just remember that this is what you have been trained to do!
    With love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete