In general, if you find me at 5:00 in the morning, which you probably won't if I have my way, but if you do... you will most definately not find me laughing. Scowling, yes. Fighting off sleep, most definitely. Alert, not so much. Today was the exception.I had a fireguard shift from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Not even a half an hour into my shift I hear someone stumbling up the stairs, which, in itself is not an unusual occurence on the weekend at glorious fort huachuca. Girls are always coming back to the bay hung over or still wasted from the hotel party the night before.
This person had a hood pulled past their eyes, shielding their identity. They walked in without knocking, as if they had no doubt in their mind that they knew exactly where they were. However, it was the way they swaggered like a guy that initially made me suspicious of their gender and why they were in an all female bay, although the smell of alcohol that clouded the air as they slipped through the door was a good tip off. They walked in like they had a purpose, weaving their way in and out of bunks in a drunken stupor. Only to stop at a bunk with someone already in it, sleeping soundly. By the time I got to him, he already was putting one foot in bed, the same bed that was already occupied. Still unsure of their gender, my only option was to voice my concern.
"Ummm... excuse me. Are you a guy or a girl?"-said me.
"Why?"-said a voice that clearly belonged to a male or a really butch girl.
"Why?"-said a voice that clearly belonged to a male or a really butch girl.
"Ok... clearly your a guy. I'm going to have to ask you to leave. You are definitely in a female bay."-said me
"There are a lot of female bays."-said him.
"Yep. Your correct. There are... and your in one of them... and therefor you need to leave." said me.
Clearly confused, he stumbled back out only to start heading towards abandoned bays. It was 15 minutes until we heard stumbling once again on our stoop. He was back for more. Unprepared as to what to do, I sent him on his merry way yet again as I stood in the doorway laughing. He came wandering by a third time and informed me that he knew where he was going. I'm not sure how he came to that descision, since he also told me he was from alpha... which was a little over a quarter mile away from where he currently was. I'm not sure where he went after that... but I saw him stumbling in the opposite direction of where he needed to go. He didn't listen to my protests as I tried to point him in the right direction... he probably ended up sleeping on another female bay stoop.
I'm not sure what I would have done if he had been violent... I mean... I am trained to kill and all. But I'd hate to have to resort to that. I do know that these females owe me their lives... I saved them from waking up with god knows who. I'm right up there with superman or batman =]
I thought it was Jacki the Enforcer? ^_____^
ReplyDeleteI guess you've overcome your fear of hobos.
I on the other hand am afraid of hooded drunk people, which is why you're there and I'm not... And No one calls me the enforcer. *nervous laugh*
Jacki, I'm surprised he didn't run in fear. He must not have realized that you are trained to kill.
ReplyDeletesarah rochel... i will say this and it will be the last time. I AM NOT AFRAID OF HOBOS NOR WAS I EVER AFRAID OF HOBOS. of course no one calls you the enforcer... you lack the ability to instill fear. therefor, i am the enforcer... you are sarah rochel.
ReplyDeleteand mom... of course he didn't realize it. he was drunk. maybe... just maybe... if he had been sober he would have realized i am most definitely a force to be reckoned with.
I wish I did have the ability to instill fear... V_____V *Rawr*
ReplyDelete