Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goodbye snow and ice, hello sun and sand

I never told anyone, but I cried the whole way coming to Arizona the first time. Unless I was sleeping. It was an embarrasing display of my little girl side showing. The lady next to me had no idea what to do. I'm happy to report that the lady next to me on my flight back to tuscon did not have to deal with a crying soldier.

The first time coming I had no idea what to expect. I was petrified of the possibilities. Now I know what to expect, and I'm just excited to get back and complete my mission. The faster I get done here, the sooner I can get home and move on to the next part of my life.

Right now I'm trapped in the Denver airport. My flight was supposed to leave at 9:30 p.m. It now leaves at 1:30 a.m. I was delighted when I heard the news... not. I feel like I could safely sleep without my stuff getting jacked... but it seems like a risky little game. But sleep is all I can think of... so here i am... typing to ward off sleep by writing on this blog.

I'm not as sad to be coming home, because I'm treating this more like college. That's right, I'm still trick. And I definitely won't miss the snow... but I will miss everything else. You guys are my world... and my locker is evidence of that. I'm sure I have the most beautiful and supportive people in the world waiting for me back in MN... I'm almost positive.

Peace and Love from Denver <3

4 comments:

  1. Jack, I have read your blog, I think you need to go into writing when you are done with your duties! You are verrrry goood! Love you always, Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... thanks denise! i like doing this kind of stuff. miss you guys and wish i could have been there saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack!! Im here with your mom and Grandma and we are reading your blog, I told them that you wrote, and we are reading it again, your mama loves you and Harry tooooo! Its -6below here, lucky your not here!! Hows the sand? Love You, Aunt Denise, Mom and Grandma Harry OOOOOOOOOOand Darcie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha. the sun and sand are grand. and i'm a poet =] tomorrow we take a test... a urine analysis. it's so exciting. i'll be sure to blog about it. i know you will all enjoy my urine adventures. make sure to tune in. love you all!

    ReplyDelete