Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've never had an American girl friend before...

Today was my first official test run in the “booth” (it’s a room designed to ensure the inhabitants are quickly overcome by claustrophobia in order to spill the beans faster… it’s probably 6’ by 7’ or smaller.) I didn’t do too shabby… except for my overwhelming urge to laugh that I sometimes succumbed to.

Here is the wonderful world of the booth. Usually the interrogator (that’s me) would be in there with the detainee. Today was special circumstances because it was our very first time and they were just trying to introduce us to how it would work for when we really start doing our interrogations.

The detainees are actually our teachers, at least for now. They have a script that gives them basic information… and from there they can do just about anything to make us lose our concentration.

For instance… there was a female OMT (I don’t know what that means but that’s what we call our team teachers. I’m sure I could figure it out if I put some thought into it.) and she was acting as though she was a male. Haji Bakrat was her… umm… his name. And he was continually hitting on me and my friend Jaramillo. “I have a lot of girlfriends… but none of them are American. I would love to have an American girlfriend.” Or she said stuff like “I don’t want to be here. This is a waste of time… unless. Unless of course you wanted to make it worth my while.” And she followed with by a wink. I think it wouldn’t have been as funny if she hadn’t kept scooting closer and gazing into my eyes… or if she who was acting like a he had actually been a he.
The other person that I interrogated said some of the most ridiculous things. "My son has two left feet so I often find him wandering helplessly in circles. My daughter has a mouth in the back of her head. I hate hugging her because she always bites me. And my wife... well. My wife has no arms. So she can't raise the roof or use a clap on." What am I supposed to say to that? I was speechless for the first time in my life.

I probably didn’t do such a great job explaining this… but it’s just something you have to experience and live to understand. Ask questions if something doesn’t make sense =]
As always… I love and miss you guys like mad!

10 comments:

  1. Jack with your experince on the corner, you should have had no problem. To anyone reading this you would have to understand Jackis past jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does my whoring ways have to do with anything ma? if i was maybe in a more revealing uniform... than yeah. but i'm all buttoned up. maybe i'll have to use the seduction method next time to break the enemy. 'is it hot in here... or is it just you?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Harry would say "You Hussy You"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I enjoyed reading your comments with your mom.
    I cannot imagine having a woman pretend to be male and then do and say the things she did to you. Knowing you the nervous laughter would be hard to not do, I know it would be the same for me as well.
    So are you in the "booth"(?) everyday? Or is it just a few times a week? Good luck tomorrow. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I just pictured you in the lil room with your scrunched up face trying to avoid laughing. Oh i miss that face : D I can't even imagine what things you will have to deal with. I'm sure looking back on them will be hilarious but during might not be so. Ah,good luck with everything jack! I know you'll do great! <3 ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm glad you guys can picture how hard i tried not to laugh... and how uncomfortable i was. lol. it was seriously one of the hardest things... not to burst out laughing. ugh. i had to do the same stuff again today. and i controlled my laughing much better. but i also got into my role. i was a crazy little interrogator. lol. yesterday i was kind of meek... today was a whole nother story. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. Well I am glad you are gettitng better at being a crazy little interegator ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha sounds fun babe. I do miss your cute faces you always make. And I've never seen you not laughing so it must have been agonizing for ya. Maybe she's from Tennessee?..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should have said "I'd like to meet your wife, I can teach her how to raise the roof without using her hands." Lol, that sounds incredibly hilarious though. I don't blame that woman/man for staring into your eyes, ha ha, j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alright..this is attempt 2.
    My computer shut off on me in the middle of my search for my gmail user name..haha

    ..I see my accomplice has already been here ↑..

    I decided that If I were in your position..I would have been placed in a cargo box and would had been mailed home.
    I would have laughed so increadibly hard that..what I just said would have happened.


    I would have never have been able to do it.

    You know you can handle anything when you can hold a laugh in.

    ReplyDelete