Tuesday, February 10, 2009

you will save lives


I would like to take this time to brag freely and openly. I did awesome in the booth today. And by awesome, I mean that I aced my DPR (basically it's a daily report card. at the end of every interrogation, the "detainee" who has morphed back into an OMT (sort of like a teacher) fills it out). I got all A's on my interrogator report card.


Better than that was what the OMT had to say. He told me that it is highly, highly unusual for him to see a student preforming to this degree so early on in the iterations (each interrogation combined with the planning & prep, report writing and OMT time is considered one iteration). He said that it is expected at the earliest the 6th iteration. I just completed my 3rd iteration today.


But my favorite thing today he said was "You will be one of the interrogator's that saves a lot of lives." It was probably the most wonderful thing I've heard. I couldn't stop smiling. Because ultimately, that's the goal of an interrogator. To save the lives of our comrades by collecting information to stop the enemy or at the least, hinder them until we can concoct a plan. I'll be a member of the team that is preventing monuments like the one pictured from happening.


And hearing him saying that I'll reach that goal and better yet that the goal is even within reach right now, is just wonderful. And I had to share the news. Another reason for my excitement could stem from this yearbook comment that was left in my yearbook senior year. It said "The military just isn't my cup of tea. I just hope your saving lives, not taking lives." More than ever, I'm realizing that indeed I will be saving lives and that the boy who wrote that is a "weenie."


Maybe this doesn't make sense, and if it doesn't... I beg of you to ask for some explanation. I would love nothing more than to share what I'm doing with people.

11 comments:

  1. Good Job Jacki!
    I knew that you would do good in the MI world. You spent years on the receiving side as a teenager that alone should have given you some valuable insight.

    Keep up the great work you make me proud!

    Love you

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jack! I am so proud of you!
    You seem to be flourishing and doing good. I wish more zonk days here and there for your own sanity, but I guess even one is a good thing. You are going to be one ripped woman after carrying 60 pounds around for 8 miles everyday. I always thought I had a fair chance before, but now I would not want to catch you in a dark alley.
    Love you girl.
    De

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad- i'm not sure exactly what you meant by your comment. i'm still trying to figure out if it is a backhanded compliment... but thanks. i think. but i'm glad i'm making you proud. it's an added benefit to this whole deal. and i love you more. -fish.

    de- it is also an added benefit that you are proud of me =] lol. and i am still trying to figure out why you thought it would be ok to catch me in a dark alley before. that sincerely concerns me... you know how easily i get scared. especially in the dark... i think it's my overactive imagination. i love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wacky! I am so proud of you! But then I always have been! Love you, Auntie Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacki
    You so so well. Glad you got an extra hour of sleep. Keep up the good work. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you how'd you grow up so fast? When your dad told me you'd joined and were going to Iraq it really worried me. But Now that I've read your blog (you are an awesome writer could be the next dean koontz, if you ever want to put the thumb screws away);) I realize you are all grown up and can take care of yourself. I think you picked one of the coolest jobs in the service and I am so proud of you. Be careful and keep your dad in line k? Miss you -- 'Becky'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacki I have to say I'm not surprised at all. I've always known all my kids potential. Its nice to see you living up to it. You make us so proud. I went to the deployment event last night, it made me so proud of military family.
    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ment my military family

    ReplyDelete
  9. pat: if you can call me wacky, i can most definitely call you pat. thanks so much for your support!

    harry: i tried calling you the other night to tell you this news over the phone. but you were at the going away dinner. i am also extremely glad i got that extra hour of sleep.

    becky: i think i have fast growing genes... it's said that we get grey hair fast so that has to be the cause of me growing up fast. and dean koontz huh? that's mighty ambitious. but i laugh in the face of a challenge ha. ha. ha. =] and thumb screws along with waterboarding isn't allowed any more(that the public knows of any way... ok fine. not at all). i myself think that i have the one of the coolest jobs in the service, but i'm kind of partial. thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog, and my dad's blog! tell the little kiddos i said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mom: i had wanted to talk to you about the dinner... but i didn't get back to the bay until late because i had my wonderful study hall. lol. but i'll talk to you tomorrow night. i love you! i'm pretty proud of my military family too...


    thanks guys for reading my blog and for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, that's really great! I'm excited for you. ^___^
    Should have expected as much because people who are really passionate about something always excel, and there's no doubt you're passionate.
    I remember you showing me that comment in your year book last year. You sure showed him, lol. ^__^ congrats!

    ReplyDelete