Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mental Ninja Kick

It was for once actually a glorious day at Fort Huachuca. First of all, I woke up to the sun shining... and I got to sleep in. Sleeping in always makes for a glorious day, let's face it.

Then I was invited to a barbeque at someone's house that I had never really talked to before, but I knew that a lot of my friends would be there. Normally, I would have come up with some kind of lame excuse to not go. Social situations where I don't know the outcome always have me relunctant. But I actually think that being here has made me more comfortable in my own skin almost. I don't have nearly as many awkard moments, amazing I know, basically because I can't counteract them with my mad interrogator skills without even realizing that I'm mentally ninja kicking people. Tricky, I know.

It really was just the best way to spend my day. The people were wonderful. Most of my closest friends from here were there. The food was amazing, especially since it wasn't DEFAC food. And we played cards.... I've missed doing that so much. Just relaxing with friends and family... because a lot of these people are slowly but surely becoming my family. I've got at least 6 new stand in brothers that have my back, and the number is gaining by the day. And at least 4 new stand in sisters. It's a wonderful feeling... and makes me feel a lot better about going to Iraq when I know that I can easily form these bonds over there... and in fact will already have these bonds over there (hiya pops!).

I love you guys and miss you, as always.

<3 Me.

2 comments:

  1. Jacki,
    I'm glad to see your spirit is live and well. The Army family is an amazing thing. The Army Brothers and Sisters that you have today will be with you always. They may go out of your life but their legacy will continue. You will find that years from now you will be telling stories from your Army training where Schmitty did this, or Mac did that. Us old dogs look back at our TIS (time in service) and reflect on the memories.

    Keep up the good work and I'm proud of you. With you and PVT Josh Crotteau being in the Army, the Army will never be the same!

    Love you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear to gosh, if you ever mentally ninja kick, me i will in return round house kick your hiney. and follow it up with a swift punch to the snot locker.

    ReplyDelete