I think you will all be incredibly pleased to be informed that glorious Fort Huachuca is expected to be covered in a blanket of snow 5 inches thick. Therefor, we will hopefully be zonked for PT tomorrow, and hopefully the whole day. The term "zonked" has become my new best friend. If an NCO yells zonked, you get the heck out of dodge as fast as possible. If it happens tomorrow, zonked will become my old best friend and sleep will be my new best friend.
And I know what your thinking... aren't you in glorious Fort Huachuca where the sun always shines? Well... contrary to popular belief the sun doesn't always shine. But I think that on zonk day 2009, the sun will probably shine brighter on such a wonderful day. I'll post pictures if it snows. Which it will if the world knows what's good for it...
The wonderful part is even with an inch of snow... the base will probably be shut down anyways. It's not like good ol' St. Francis where it takes a 20 inches of snow for school to even be close to being delayed. I'm pretty sure that glorious Fort Huachuca doesn't even own snow removal equipment. Bunch of freaks. And I'm even more sure that Arizonians don't know how to drive in one inch of snow. Bunch of bigger freaks.
So tonight, I will spend my fireguard praying ever so vigilantly for a zonk day.
Jacki Wacky Pudding Pie,
ReplyDeleteWhen you were in High School you did the same thing and that was pray for snow. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out the way we want it to.
Jacki, just want you to know, its melting so much here we have to swim to the mail box.
ReplyDeleteLove you mom
well... actually it did work today father. we didn't go to school until 9:00 a.m. so victory was all mine =] i at least got to sleep a little more than usual. and mom... by the end of the day it was back in the 50's and not a bit of snow was left by noon today. so once again... vicory is all mine. lol. i love you guys!
ReplyDelete