Hello there from glorious Fort Huachuca. I haven't wrote in the while... and that's mostly because I've been running around like you crazy civilians. In the last four days, I've been to Tuscon 2 times, shopping 4 times, to a hotel 2 times, been to 3 movies (one was 3-D and I have the glasses to prove it), spent X dollars (x is used to conceal the obnoxious amount of money spent in the persuit of fun), been in 6 different vehicles... I could continue but I won't. Basically, I had more fun this weekend than all of AIT combined. I felt normal, well as close to normal as a Crotteau can get.
And I made some new friends along the way. I also met a lot of creeps. Case in point, a lady in trans (trans is what we use to get around or off base. you meet a lot of crazies... especially when you travel after 2200 hours) could hardly get into trans let alone talk without slurring her words. She preceded to rip the trans man's phone out of his hand (say that ten times fast) and make out with him. Mind you, the trans man is nothing to right home about and neither was the drunk lady who had to be at least 50. Was it disturbing, yes. Is it haunting me in my nightmares, most definitely. I actually feared for my life as the driver started to swerve because this old lady was just going at it with him. He tried to push her away, and she slurred "oh sugarrr. you donwanaa to passh this up." I learned my lesson. You leave on trans earlier than 2200 or not at all... unless you want to die in a fiery wreck because of an old lady who doesn't know her liquor limit.
Besides fearing for my life, it was a pretty amazing weekend spent with some of my closest friends down here. In the next week, I'll try to get pictures of each of them so you guys can see who I hang out with in glorious Fort Huachuca. In the picture up there, is me and Savannah Robideau at Coraline in 3-D. I'll tell you about her later. They are all pretty rad, minus when they make fun of me for my "accent" (which I stand firm that I don't have one. They, however, stand firm that I do.), or make fun of me for other things (I think they make fun of me more than some of you guys do. Amazing... I know.) I think you guys would approve of them though.
Dear Jacki
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had alot of fun. Just be safe and good. Don't need to remind you though as I think I know your standards. Just don't ever change. By the way do they have Good Wills down there too???
Love
Grandma
Sounds like you were on a duluth bus. And Crotteaus normal? Whats your liquor limit? All kidding aside its really good to finally be able to keep in touch. The kids look forward to seeing your pictures. I look forward to hearing about your life. When I tried to join they told me I could only be a nurse or a cook regardless of my test scores. And the Dean Koontz thing... I couldn't think of anyone your style reminded me of so I just went with someone I knew you would know. If thrillers were your thing you'd be far better than Dean Koontz.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Becky
A kid in my art class wears those 3D glasses around EVERYWHERE on campus. And I mean everywhere.
ReplyDelete