Saturday, February 7, 2009

aches and pains free of charge


I didn't want to overwhelm my wonderful audience with information yesterday. So I left out a very important detail. Yesterday was my first official day of full battle rattle (see note). I was wonderfully excited to finally be safe from ensuing gun shots that happen ALL the time right here on glorious Fort Huachuca. And by all the time, I mean never. I think we shoot our M-16 once maybe twice while we are down here. But when that time comes, I will most definitely be safe from friendly fire. Except, as you notice that my flak vests only stops shrapnel, not bullets. So I guess I’m back to square one.

I guess the only other thing I can think as to why we where these when we never leave an area no larger than an 5 acres or so, is because we look real cool. And understandably, when I post the pictures, you guys will be jealous. I am going to beg of you now, do not go out and spend money on this gear because I am sorry to inform you that you will not, I repeat, will not… be able to pull this look off nearly as well as I do. You can try, but you are mearly setting yourselves up for failure. *i posted the picture. it just doesn't do the outfit justice. i'm missing my oversized back pack. and also by penis protector. yes. even the girls get to protect their penises. peni? anyways...*

All of the gear ways at least 60 pounds… sometimes more depending on my backpack. Once we get out of booth iterations, we move on to another thing that requires us to walk at least 6-8 miles every day. It will be a wonderful workout that I will learn to hate immediately. It is the newest exercise sensation to sweep Fort Huachuca. Participation is mandatory, aches and pains included free of charge. I’ll post the pictures of me lookin classy probably Monday.

* Full Battle Rattle: A Term used to describe the combat ready uniform to be worn by the war fighter. My uniform is slightly modified, but none the less consists of ACU (Army Combat Uniform), Flak Vest (only stops shrapnel, not bullets), and Kevlar (Helmet that stops most bullets), two canteens, ballistic goggles, and eventually an M-16 in a few weeks. And also my back pack holding my laptop, my notebook, and other assorted “goodies”.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl, I am sure no one will be able to pull off the look like you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacki,

    Looking so sexy, with your full battle rattle. Just kidding. Get use to it, that what you will be wearing for the next year. It was nice to see you on my visit to Arizona.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete