Sunday, June 21, 2009

Good ol' grandpa PAPpy

Hello there. It's been a bit, and I offer my sincerest apologies for that. I guess, for starters, I didn't leave for Iraq as scheduled. I went down to Inver Grove Heights on Thursday June 11 expecting to be leaving for Fort Benning on Saturday. Instead, things didn't go quite according to plan (surprised? because I am definitely not).

Here is the reason for my delay. First of all, before I could leave god forsaken Fort Huachuca, I had to do a well women's exam. Believe me, I tried to wiggle around it, but alas... they got me. All it involved was an invasion of my privacy by a very friendly military doctor. I got through it with a lot of awkward jokes, actually, that's how I get through everything.

Apparently, Fort Huachuca got me one more time when they didn't get my unit or myself a copy of the results of the PAP smear. So, to my dismay, on June 5 at my SRP (soldier readiness program... basically ensures that soldiers who are deploying are actually ready to deploy). I took yet another well women's exam (I am so lucky to have gotten two within a month!). A member of the medical staff even escorted me from the basement (where I heard the wonderful news) to the first floor. I think they thought I was a flight risk. I'm not sure where I would have gone... they had all of my documents I needed, and I wasn't about to be tackled by anybody. Besides, who doesn't love to drive 2 hours and start their friday off with a good ol PAP smear? I know that I for one can't get enough of them apparently.

I also made it through that one with an endless amount of awkward jokes. Here comes the fun part. When I got down to Inver Grove Heights, I was informed that my unit had yet to recieve results for my second or first PAP smear. Good ol' grandpa PAPpy had bought me some unexpected time at home with my family. I feel as though, with the help of grandpa PAPpy, I cheated death (figuratively speaking).

Now I'm scheduled to leave Minnesota on the 27th of June. We'll see what kind of shennanigans arrise before that day. I can only imagine...

<3 Jacki

P.S. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! If you get the chance, you should read my dad's father's day blog. It's very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment