Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An old soul

I've always put myself in a position to be older than I need to be. When I was 17, I joined the National Guard. When I was 19, I volunteered to go on a deployment to Iraq. When I was 20, I fell in love and started a family. This year, when I was 21, I bought a house.

My ambitions and goals get ahead of my years, and before I know it, I'm on top of my dreams waiting for people to catch up. It gets kind of lonely living faster and older than my peers. I'm too young to relate to people who are usually in my position and too old to relate to very many people my age. I'm a rare breed of a gal.

I guess I've just spent a lot of time alone lately. A lot of driving and a lot of time to think. When I pictured myself buying a house for the first time, I always pictured myself being able to share that experience with someone else. And while Gus is certainly a pleasure to come home to, it's just not quite the same.

I look forward to the day that I have someone to share my life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment