I missed you yesterday, but then again I miss you every day. You were supposed to be in my arms yesterday and I couldn't help but imagine how beautiful you would have been and how beautiful you are. I couldn't help but picture you with my hair or your daddy's eyes. I bet you would have topped the scales, because you've got your momma's genes and, to be frank, I was kind of a heifer.
Either way, you would have been perfect. I would have been the happiest girl in the world today, holding you in my arms. It would have been hard to let you go into someone else's arms, but at least I know I would have gotten you back. The first night we spent at home together, I wouldn't have put you in your crib. I would have stayed up all night admiring you in my arms. I wouldn't even need the background noise of a television or radio, just the sound of your coos and sighs. It would have been the most beautiful melody.
Your room would have been the perfect shade of yellow and I probably would have stocked it full of lots of dinosaurs (your brothers would have insisted). I'd have a big comfy chair in there for the both of us and I would have loved reading to you in it. Any time I got to spend with you would have been the favorite part of my day.
You'd have so many ridiculous pictures already, and someday they would have probably embarrassed you terribly. But secretly you'd have loved knowing how much your parents loved you. And it would have captured beautiful memories from a beautiful day. And I'm certain you would have forgiven us for that.
I just felt like I needed to talk to you, right now and today. I've gone awhile writing to you, but not thinking about you. Above anything else, I wanted you to know that I love you. And I'm happy now, but not as happy as I would have been with you. I'd give anything to have you in my arms right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment