Monday, December 6, 2010

"I suck"

Yesterday we celebrated Austin's 6th birthday with three of his friend's at the movie theatre (we saw Megamind 3D), followed by cake and iceream at our house. Our time with these boys was nothing short of amusing. Zach and I laughed numerous times as we listened to them interact. On the way to the movies, one boy kept saying "I suck. I suck." After trying to reassure him that he is a wonderful boy and he in fact is far from sucky, he looke at me with a confused expression and held his hands up in despair, "No. I'm stuck." He was in fact stuck, as his velcro on his gloves had become firmly attached to each other.

Watching them during the movie was simply hilarious. As things appeared to pop out of the screen, all of their little hands would reach up. Music would come on, and they would all jam out. Popcorn was everywhere. At one point, Austin sweetly snuck into the row Zach and I were sitting in (which was just behind them) and said "I really want to sit next to dad."

It's so nice to see that he is growing up into a kind and considerate human being. He has one of the biggest and kindest hearts I know. It was simply amazing to watch him interact with children his own age. Austin is always a wonderful and generous friend... even in the company of his brothers (I'm enjoying that while it lasts). 



(From left to right: Nolan, Collin, Aiden and Austin)

No comments:

Post a Comment