Monday, October 11, 2010

Saturdays are the best days

Years ago, I could never pinpoint my favorite day. I knew for sure it wasn't Mondays. Now I can say, without question, that Saturdays are my favorite of days. Every other Saturday, we get our boys back. I miss them as soon as they are gone and I am always so happy to see them. I always tell them "It is so nice to have noise here again!"

They always laugh. But it's true. Our home is quiet without my three little noise makers. Without them tinkering with their toys or clobbering each other (because that's what little boys do) or making bigger messes than I ever knew was possible, our house is nearly silent.

I've heard a time or two "I don't know how you put up with all of the noise!" I put up with the noise, because it is much better than the alternative.

On most Saturdays, Zach doesn't work. We can have uniterrupted family time. And we do. Like this Saturday, we took William and Wyatt to what we think was their first movie. Despicable Me. It was touch and go at first, loud noises and dark rooms are typically frightening (especially to the youngest (and biggest scaredy cat)). But sitting on our laps and cuddling did the trip.

I have terrified that William had to much to drink and wouldn't let me know he had to go to the bathroom and go "code 1" all over me. Fortunately it went the opposite way. Approximately every 10 minutes, he took a bathroom break for a total of 9 bathroom breaks. I counted. 

After the movie, we went shopping for their Halloween costumes. I'm witholding the results until they can be accompanied by pictures. Needless to say, they all look adorable. Or excuse me... super cool.

Hope everyone is well!

Jacki

No comments:

Post a Comment