Saturday, October 30, 2010

Poor buddies

Last night was the second time in a week that I have seen blood drip, gush and pour out of one of the boys heads. Last week, Wyatt was the victim and the culprit was a wound right on the top of his head... accidentally inflected by me. I cried probably harder than he did... and probably had more blood on me than on him. Wyatt's wound was quickly rectified and a little bit of hot chocolate and tender loving care was the antidote.


However, last night, as I watched blood poor out of William's mouth (this time I was to far away to be blamed), I was more scared than anything. What I think happened was he was trying to climb up the stairs to get to Zach, but face planted instead cutting through his tongue (as seen in the picture). He bled all over me, Zach and himself. I rushed the boys out the room. Austin has a history of fainting at the sight of blood. Just a couple of weeks ago, he had a small scratch with hardly any blood and he was pale and clammy.

Zach ended up bringing the little guy to the hospital. To get William to show the doctors his tongue, Zach told him it was kind of like a snake tongue. He couldn't wait to show Wyatt and Austin, and did so as soon as he came through the door. Austin opted to go to bed instead of risking to see William's "snake" tongue again. I have to admit, I'd rather not see it either.

Besides his snake tongue, William also came home with an adorable lisp. Everything he says is so much funnier, and I know that makes me a bit awful, if not more than a bit.

My mom told me after Wyatt's injury that it will be the first of many. Unfortunately, that is probably going to be far more true than I would like. i have three boys, and none of them show any sign of slowing down or being delicate anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment