Sunday, March 8, 2009

No Daylight Savings!?!?!

Hello from glorious Fort Huachuca. It has a been such a nice weekend... hell week is officially over and we could finally just relax. Every night of hell week I was out late studying. On any other circumstances, I would have avoided studying until the last second. That is, if I studied at all. However, this was a little bit more serious than just a high school test. IPT determined whether or not I was stuck here longer, something I just can't afford to let happen.

I feel like overall I did pretty well on IPT. We won't know if we passed or not until Monday, and I'll be sure to let you guys know the outcome. However, this whole weekend most of my class has talked so much about it that they have convinced themselves they have failed... and they all have plans to go to Mexico if that's the outcome. I might join them, I could use a nice tan so I can get rid of the wonderful tan line that has formed from my beret. It looks just lovely.

TRADOC does not look so kindly on soldier hopping the border... so we'll have to be stealth about it. If however, no Mexico is necessary because everyone passed, we will all start the next phase. The next phase is called something like HISCO or something along those lines... Human Intelligence Source Collection Operation. I think that's what it is... and that changes a lot of things. I will not have to carry my backpack. We don't carry backpacks because we move onto top secret stuff, and we can't carry any of the material home with us. I am horribly distraught over not lugging my backpack around. I feel like I will get over it very very quickly. But because we change the classification of the course, I won't be able to talk about what I am doing. Some of it, but not a big chunk of it. Also, we won't be confined to a booth or a classroom, we'll be walking around the base in groups on two or three to collect information. I here Burger King is a hotspot for collection... along with the bay... which just happens to house a lot of beds... apparently TRADOC doesn't look so kindly on soldier who happen to collect intel in the bay either.

Ok. This is completely unrealated... but did you know that Arizona doesn't abide by daylight savings? I had no idea. I was so confused last night. I couldn't tell if my phone had automatically reset, and then I realized I would now be 2 hours behind all of you guys when this whole time I had been 1 hour. My whole life I've loved when we set back an hour and dreaded when we have to move forward an hour. I feel like I've lost a small piece of myself... but I also haven't lost sleep. I feel like you should have warned me Mom and Harry... you lived here and you knew all along. You never prepared me for this...

<3 Jacki.

3 comments:

  1. Jack if you would have had to worry about it I certainly would have warned you. But as you have found out all by your smart self and with no help from your inebrated sister, Arizona does not participate. Your momma dint raise no fool.
    Love you, and look forward to hearing the results of your test.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow mommma... thank you for that message... it was... ummm... deep to say the least. and my momma may have raised a few fools, but i am not among them. i be smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mom. Inebriated sister huh? It was clearly a joint effort as the other sister thought that she had stopped time. Besides what good is all of this if you can't at least have fun with poor Jackson. P.S. the drunkard had to explain to the "smart self" what the definition of the word was....lol good times


    Love You,

    Darcie

    ReplyDelete