Monday, March 9, 2009

We're Jewish


Hello there from glorious Fort Huachuca. It's 2319 my time... and that means it's 0119 your time. a tricky concept indeed. I just thought I would let you guys know that I had a flashback to grade school tonight... when I used to fight with Josh constantly but I was fiercely protective of him. I remember the last day of school before Christmas break this kid just wouldn't leave him alone. He was badgering him with no mercy. As me and Josh went to get off the bus, this kid sneared a Merry Christmas at us. And Josh, showing his Crotteau side, said "We're Jewish asshole." We just walked off the bus laughing.

Tonight was kind of like that. This kid I went to school with, who eventually dropped out, is officially an authority on the military after being in for 4 months. He has the audacity to critize Josh on his military baring on my facebook, a social taboo under any circumstances. On a joke that was between me and Josh. Something to the effect of "josh you piss me off, get your shit together by next drills." and upon me coming to his defense, he said "hey...you try drilling with him! haha even sgt binsfield said he cant possibly be related to you."

This kid, who has been in the military for a minute, thinks he is the judge on all things military. I sent him a message letting him know that it's a poor show of military baring to act like he did. The message proceeded into how Josh won't be able to cut it if he continues to act like a, god forbid i say it, teenager. My apologies that my brother made the sacrifice to join the military younger than most and that maybe he doesn't have the experience of a highschool dropout.

Anyways... the point is that this boy sent Josh a message, concerned about the welfare of Josh as a soldier in the US military. I loved Josh's response... I'm going to post a portion of it. Because it's the same thing that I've had to go through..

"...And about your little comments on my sisters wall, thanks, I really appreciated when sgt. binsfeld said "he cant possibly be related to you." Because even though my sister and dad have made a trail for me, I'm choosing to make my own path, grow my own charachter. And thats what motivates me to work hard..."

We make it based on our own character and morales, not based on a brother or father. They can help you get in, but from there you are on your own. Supply was my dad's way, intel is mine, and computers is Josh's little niche in the military. I'm insulted that Josh has to be upheld to the standard of someone else. He doesn't need to meet my standard, he'll exceed his own.

<3 Jacki

4 comments:

  1. Dear Jacki
    Good job. Tell em like it is. And your MOM called and gave me the Wonderful news. Congrats.
    Knew you could do it.
    Love,
    Grandma H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny how you all can fight and argue, but someone hates on your sibling and look out. Makes me pretty proud of you kids!!!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. actuallly... this long distance thing has done the sibling love good. i mean... i might even like him.

    ReplyDelete