Monday, March 9, 2009

"Barrack Maintenance"

Hello there from glorious Fort Huachuca. I would like to officially say, HISCO here I come. Also, I have conquered the beast that is IPT. I don't remember my exact scores, but I passed with flying colors. That's all that really matters when it comes to IPT. However, 11 of the kids in my class alone didn't make it... they'll have there second chance tomorrow.

I don't know how many total from the platoon didn't pass it, but with 6 classes and my class is the lead class... I'd have to say it's around 50 to 60. That's a pretty hefty number. Half of that number will probably pass the second time around. Take the 20 our platoon lost from medical, and we'll have about 130 left from the 200 we started with.

Today and tomorrow are respite days as the group that didn't pass IPT do corrective retrain to try and get a quick cram session before they head back into the booth tomorrow. This means barracks maintenance... now personally, I'm inclined to believe that my bed needs a little maintenance. Looking at the girls sleeping to my left and right, I have all the evidence I need.

I'm blessed that my best battles down here survived with me. They really have become my second family. Now that IPT is done, and we have 59 days left down here, I'm starting to think I might start to miss these nerds. They can often be found in their bay playing risk or conducting operations against the other bays using their nerf guns they acquired from walmart the one night I wasn't with them... clearly a mistake on my part. But they are always good for a game of put put or singing in the car. And they make the time go by quicker... which is key when your stuck at glorious Fort Huachuca

I miss you guys and love you, as always!

<3 Jacki.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    LoveyouJack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacki,
    I knew you had it in you to finish what you started. In true Jacki fashion you made it through the rough waters and now your into calm waters. Do not give up and don't let your academic guard down. Your Dad loves you all the way from Kuwait.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jacki
    What a gal. Can't wait to come and see you graduate. So---don't screw up now. Know you won't. You're the best. Be good and God Bless.

    Love
    Grandma H

    ReplyDelete