Sunday, July 31, 2011

In six months, I've lost a child, a family, and pieces of myself. I've questioned my faith and my values. I've suffered lonely nights, pain unbeknown to most, and unimaginable loss. My eyes have seen more tears and my heart has felt more aches than ever before in my life.

Every time I tell myself I'm not strong enough for this, I somehow make it through another day. Another day turns into a week.Time hasn't softened the feeling of loneliness or the pain of what I've lost. I feel it every time I walk into my room and it's empty. I feel it when I see things that remind me of my loss, which is almost everything. I feel it when I wake up alone and fall asleep the same way. I'll feel it more when I leave here and I'll feel it every time I come back from work to a house that isn't quite a home.

I've found out I'm stronger than I ever thought I could be. Stronger than I thought I'd ever need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment