Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You are the adult.

"Hey Jacki... do you think we could fill up a huge pool that we could jump into from the tree house?" - Austin.

"That doesn't really sound all that safe, buddy." Me.

"I know. That's because it isn't. But it's a great way to escape!" - Austin.

I have to let you in on a little secret, from one adult to another. For a split second, I thought, "Hey that would be fun!" I was trying to figure out how to make it work. Maybe a trampoline would be better? And then I thought ... wait a minute... Jacki. You are the adult. And that's where the very responsible "that doesn't sound very safe, buddy" came from.

It's been interesting, watching this transformation from being an ordinary twenty year old to responsible mom of three happen. It's not like me being a mom is unexpected to those who know me. Let's face it, I was dreaming of being a grandma long before. You have to be a mom to be a grandma. I'd like to think it's the grace of transition. It just feels so natural to me. I think that is what is so stunning, in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment