Dear Basrah,
I will not miss you. I will not miss your sand in my eyes, ears and knows. I will not miss your fecal matter-ridden flies, that like to go in the same places your damn sand does. I will not miss the rancid smell of garbage, burning or not, the smell of sewer or any other foul smell I have come to associate with you. I will not miss your rabid dogs or cats ridden with God only knows what diseases. I will not miss your summer weather, but I'll admit I might miss your winter weather, but only a bit. I will not miss your neighbors that party into all hours of the night, sometimes getting their confetti on our side.
I will not think of you fondly and I probably won't be able to muster up any tears when I leave you (which I hope is VERY soon). I hope that's ok. You have been a thorn in my side and I hope to never see you or your brothers again. I hope you understand, that's it's you not me.
Sincerely, Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment