Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Momma I'm a star

As most of you know, last week my dad and I experienced our 15 minutes of fame. Literally, I think it all added up to about 15 minutes. For those of you who don’t know, last week as part of our Thanksgiving celebration, 4 different news stations interviewed us. Our schedule looked something like this:

9:00 AM ET --> The Crotteaus with MSNBC
9:30 AM ET --> The Crotteaus with CNN
11:15 Am ET --> The Crotteaus with KMSP-TV in Minneapolis
11:30 AM ET --> The Crotteaus with WCCO-TV in Minneapolis

I think with the MSNBC one, they called my mom up. Which was so wonderful. My dad and I try to emphasize how important the family is in this whole adventure, because so rarely are they included in this side of things. Too often, the soldiers get all the glory and the family is kind of hidden in the shadows. It was so nice for my mom to get in on the action for once.

In between our first two interviews, we had Thanksgiving dinner. Our little family away from our families joined us. If I had to spend a holiday away from you guys, I’m glad that I had them to spend it with and they had us.

The company was great, and the food wasn’t too shabby either. Granted, I steared clear of the “suspicious” looking food… you know. The stuff that looks like it was capable of having camel parts lurking within, like the stuffing. The turkey was actually pretty decent. I haven’t had anything but chicken since I’ve gotten here, so it was a pleasant surprise. That’s not to say that I’m going to start stepping out of my little chicken coup, if you will. Because I’m still adamanant that those burgers they say are made of “beef” are actually made of camel. I just can’t find anyone to verify that.

Anyways, if you guys weren’t able to catch us on T.V. and you wanted to, my friend Deidre found the links and sent them to me:

http://www.dvidshub.net/?script=video/video_show.php&id=73955

http://www.dvidshub.net/?script=video/video_show.php&id=73965

http://www.dvidshub.net/?script=video/video_show.php&id=73966

http://www.dvidshub.net/?script=video/video_show.php&id=73952

I think I should add a disclaimer and let you know that it was very hard to hear. That should explain a lot of the weird faces I think…

I hope that you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Two more holidays (Christmas and New Years) and my dad and I will be home!!!

I. CANNOT. WAIT.

<3 Jacki

1 comment:

  1. Jacki your hair is looking soo long and you look beautiful!!! I miss you and I am so proud of you! You looked so mature and intelligent! I love you and hope you have a merry christmas.
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete