Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"My Autnie Dacki"

HELLO THERE FROM OH SO GLORIOUS MINNESOTA!!!! Sorry... had to get that off my chest. I've been home for a little over a week... and I can't believe how good it feels. Sorry I haven't updated my blog recently... I've really been going non-stop. But at the same time I'm really just been taking it easy (I'm not sure how that works?) ... the last week or so at Fort Huachuca really did a number on me, as many of you know. I don't really want to go over the details on here... let's just say it royally sucked and that I'm glad I finally got out of there... even if I did miss my first flight =/ and had 300+ pound of luggage (double :/)

I was actually starting to think that Arizona was green... green.... of all things. Until, I realized that Arizona foliage ain't got shit on Minnesota's. I can not believe how green this state is (regardless of the lack of rain). I never really realized it before.

Most of my time has been spent with my niece... and I can't really think of a better way to spend it. The first night home, she came with to the airport to get me. We didn't go to bed until 2 AM and woke up ready to go at 6 AM... She hasn't stopped talking since she's seen me. Her topics of conversation include anything hers (My Grandma, My Jacki, My Shoes... even if their not, My Cookie etc), bubbles, and anything she hears of interest that she feels necessary to repeat until someone acknowledges her.

We've gone to the cabin, shopping, blown bubbles, went out to eat, played games, had numerous slumber parties, colored, won a puppy and some boxers, went to the zoo (which she 'lubbed'), and even watched Happy Feet at least 11 times today. That is not an exaggeration. The best part, is half way through it skips... to which she says "That scares me!" However, jumbo gorillas apparently do not.

I haven't seen much of my friends... I've got some kind of disease that is making me sound awfully manly, and I'd hate for them to think that it is a result of the Army that I sound so masculine... it would be quite the tragedy. Tonight I have high hopes of seeing my friends Jenni and Deidre... and hopefully they will forgive my temporary voice change =]

Here are a couple pictures from my recent escapades. Believe me... there are many, many more. I won't overwhelm you guys just yet though.

One more thing before I log out... I just wanted to say thank-you so much for everyone's support and for thank-you for everyone who has been keeping up with my blog. It means a lot to me and it's good to know that I've got so many great people looking out for me.




1 comment:

  1. Welcome home girl! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with your neice! Take care and remember that we love you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete